Sunday, March 31, 2013

slouching towards Progress

Happy Easter everyone!

OK, how many of you have ever stretched a fabric piece either before or after finishing? I need advice.

I have most of my fabric from Spoonflower and only one or two more images to develop. I'm starting some prep sewing -- assembling border cloth, embellished surfaces, stuff like that. Getting the show laid out ahead of time so I don't leave more up to process than I absolutely have to. Because my process can take a LONG time. The main images are printed on silk or silk/cotton blend, and will need to be stretched or fused somehow either before or after stitching in order to keep the photo-like images smooth enough to see clearly. I'm already experimenting with a couple new techniques so it's nervous-making to try another, but...


No comments: