Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Finally!

Have pushed through a rather fallow period, post X-Voto, during which I just made a couple of small books and produced little else. Dropped off most of the X-Voto work plus a few older pieces with photographer Petronella Ytsma; and can honestly say I'm excited about that! Nell has been on the Twin Cities scene for many years, but has shown nationally and in Germany as well. A beautiful woman, and I'm sure the work will be excellent. The older pieces are those which deserve decent shots, and once this is accomplished I will feel much better equipped to apply for a few fellowships and grants.

I have a piece in progress as well, tentatively titled "Going to seed" in honor of my 45th birthday. :)


The lighting looks odd but in fact, that's the work -- luminous, a little blurry. :) This is a base layer, there's possibly quite a bit left to do in terms of embroidery, collage and other layers. Right now it's a combination of hand-dyed fabrics (my own) and digital imagery on cotton and silk (likewise my own images.) Also some hapa-zome a la India Flint, which I produced while up at the lake this year. Stay tuned.

No comments: